A Facility-Based Program
Are you encouraging your nurses to become certified? Are they nervous and hesitant about becoming certified?
MSNCB has a program to help both the health care facility and the nurse: The MSNCB FailSafe Certification Program™
What Is It?
FailSafe is an innovative program that makes getting certified safer and easier for everyone. To develop this program, MSNCB considered every aspect of the testing process, from test stress to financial concerns, and lifted the barriers. The result is everyone wins: nurses, nurse managers, the health care facilities, and patients. A nurse gets more than one chance to pass the exam, and the health care facility pays when the nurse passes.
How It Works:
- A health care facility agrees that within one year's time, 10 of its nurses will enroll to take an MSNCB certification exam to earn either the Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN®) or Certified in Care Coordination and Transition Management (CCCTM) credential.
- If the nurses pass the exam, the facility pays the exam fees.
- If the nurses are unsuccessful, they can take the exam an additional time before the contract ends.
- If the nurses pass the second time around, the facility pays.
Benefits of the Program:
- Reduced test stress for your nurses: Fear of failure is eased and confidence increases.
- Better care: CMSRNs and CCCTM nurses provide the best nursing care to patients and families.
- Financial savings: As a participant in the FailSafe Certification Program, your facility would also be eligible for a reduced rate on the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN) Medical-Surgical Certification Review Course On-the-Road. Statistically, those nurses who have attended a certification review course do better on the exam than those who have not.
How To Begin:
To participate, complete the MSNCB FailSafe Certification Program contract and submit it to the MSNCB National Office. The contract will be reviewed by MSNCB staff and signed. Upon execution, the contract will be returned to you with your unique facility FailSafe code and registration instructions. Send the completed contract to:
Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB)
Pitman, NJ 08071
In order for MSNCB to offer this program, all our processes must be cost-effective. MSNCB does not have a lawyer on staff, and so we request contracts be kept to the simple agreement.
MSNCB acknowledges the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) and its No Pass No Pay program, from which MSNCB modeled the FailSafe Certification Program.