Why Become A Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)?
It Just Fits.
The CMSRN credential:
- Fits you. Your expert status gives you credibility and confidence.
- Fits your patients. They receive the highest standard of medical-surgical nursing care. Your credential boosts their trust.
- Fits your facility. Certified nurses achieve better outcomes. Your facility benefits from a strong reputation.
- Fits your future. You’ve got an edge in a competitive job market and increased earning power.
- RN with a current US license
- and practiced 2 years as an RN in a medical-surgical setting
- and accrued 2,000 hours of practice within past 3 years
- Regular Fee - $375.
- AMSN Member Fee - $255.
- FailSafe™ participants - No upfront application fees.
- Submit your application.
- Receive exam permit within 3-5 weeks after application.
- Permit contains:
- your 90-day testing window.
- info to schedule exam (schedule early within your 90 days).
Paper and pencil:
- Receive permit approximately 2 weeks prior to exam date.
- Scheduling information is selected when you apply.
- Avoid upfront cost of the exam and fear of failure through this Facility Based Program.
- You get more than one chance to pass.